7 Daily habits you should teach your child for a healthy life.
As parents, we are responsible for ensuring the well-being of our children. Most children automatically learn from their parent’s behavior, it is essential that you guide them in developing the right values, attitudes, and habits. These routines will serve as a basic foundation for a healthy future life.
Here are some of the habits that you should teach your children:
1. Eating healthy food- Children reciprocate the eating behaviors of their elders, so your family must have a balanced diet and healthy food at regular timings, so that kid learns the same. The parents must teach their kids to eat healthy food and explain the importance of eating healthy food like fruits and vegetables. The damage caused by fast food or junk food should not be overlooked and be brought to notice.
2. Table manners
Children when they start eating initially on their own, create a mess. It is therefore very much important to teach children the proper manner of eating food. When to use a spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known by a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown-up as he or she sits at the table.
3. Regular brushing of the teeth The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, you must teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You have to educate your child about the importance of good oral health and make sure they brush their teeth daily and twice a day. It is equally essential to brush in the morning as well as before going to sleep and the child must be aware of it.
4. Going early to bed
Children must get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and wake up early in the morning, which helps them in developing a healthy daily routine.
5. Play outdoors in a group Children enjoy interacting with their peers; you must encourage the habit of playing outside with other children. Not only does it promotes physical activity but also enhances social skills like friendship and bonding. Therefore, children must involve insufficient physical activity.
6. Limit the screen time -Sedentary or ‘still’ time spent watching TV, surfing online, or playing computer games is linked to kids becoming overweight or obese. Children should not involve watching television or stick to electronic gadgets watching movies or playing video games for more than 2 hours a day. Children should invest their free time in playing outdoor games so that their minds and body develop. Moreover, this builds the ability to mix with people socially.
7. Enjoy Family time – One of the healthiest things you can do for your child is to give yourself some free time for family daily, where you can interact with your kids in a relaxed manner. This helps in bonding, having fun, and enjoying each other’s presence. Habits like having your meals together, going for a morning walk as a family goes a long way in making your child feel relaxed and secure.
Note: The pictures have been downloaded for free from Unsplash and Pexels.